Sunday, September 16, 2007

This Living Legend is Fresh to Death


Whether he's on tour with Atmosphere or chillin' at the Bunny Ranch, Luckyiam is experienced in the game and is ready to reap his rewards. Currently, he's one of the most respected emcees in the underground rap scene and with a new, well-recieved album out, he's truly most likely to succeed.

L and F:
You have a super smooth flow that we think most emcee's struggle to accomplish. You have been in the game a while. What's changed?
Lucky: Thank you! (Black man Blushing!)
I think that I have finally reached the point to where I'm truly satisfied with my voice and I have learned how to use my vocals as a instrument that fits nicely in the pocket of the beats I choose. Where others end up fighting the track and often times kill the value of a dope beat.

L and F: We thought about running a brothel at one point and then we see you in URB talkin' about pimpin' possibilities. What's that all about?
Lucky: Haahahhaaa... well my publisist (Trevor Seamon of Score Press) told me that URB wanted to do something with me for they're DIY issue and it didn't have to be based on music...sooooo, I thought of a business I had knowlage about and turned in a list of 10 things you should know about starting/running a brothel! I hang out @ the Bunny Ranch with Dennis Hof when I have free time here & there so I have watched and learned from the best*

L and F: You're on tour a lot. What's it like being away from home and the kids. What keeps you focused?
Lucky: Yes I am gone a lot.. Now more than ever. To tell you the truth I Love being on the road and traveling in general so I rarely get homesick. I love my kids and my family but I'm a road warrior @ heart so too much downtime only makes me anxious & grumpy. I even keep my toiletries in the case at home like I'm @ a hotel or something. I dunno it's in my DNA..and focus? Shit, I'm still working on that but I party waaay less on the road now because I'm out to be the Best in this shit and giving my all after too many all-nighters just won't cut it.

L and F: Your new album is called "Most Likely to Succeed", what is success to you?
Lucky: Success can be defined in many ways. To me I'm already succeesful, I have been to Australia 6x's, Europe 7x's, Japan 9x's and etc. We have a hardcore grassroots fanbase built off of nothing but blood sweat & hustle,countless amounts of fans have expressed that I have changed their lives to some degree and I have a lot of ladies on me and after me!
All of that is success to me. The only thing that I have not experienced is fame & mass amounts of monetary gain.
Soooooooo..Dues paid, I'm ready for my rebate. The fame is optional but I have 3 little girls who I want to worry about nothing except for school.

L and F: When you have a party, how do you throw down?
Lucky: Uh Oh...well it depends on what I have to do the next day! Heehehehe..
I basiclly do whatever I want to do but I don't go too far off the deep end ie. Herione or weird designer drugs.. I do party like a 80's rockstar, but I aint a drug addict or a fiend. Find out for yourself @ Neighborhood Fest!!!

L and F: When you get super big, will you become a media whore, driving all drunk and showing your privates like some celebrities we know?
Lucky: I already do that. But if I ever get to the point where the world is watching, they won't catch me doing it*

Check Lucky out on his Myspace or his homepage and buy the CD!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man,


lucky be killin it. Love this guy, you are so lucky to be able to interview him!


Keep it up Lucky!