Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Liberate Your Ones and Twos With Cas One


Okay, can we talk about how much you need to listen to Cas One? Not only is he auditioning for groupies at a city near you but he's classic good-looking, funny and one of the most talented up and coming emcees you've seen in a minute. He has a collab with Brother Ali for fucks sake. I don't mean to curse and tell you what to do with your life but I'm a jug o' wine deep and pretty sure your existence will be incomplete unless you read this interview and then buy the album immediately. Just trying to help.....

L and F: Besides the shitter, where's the best place to write rhymes?

Cas: It would be so inappropriate to write while on the shitter. I think of the lines while on the shitter and run back and forth between my computer and the toilette when I think of something brilliant.

L and F: You said we could ask you anything so can you please give us a good groupie story? Pretty please?

Cas: Hah....I don't have a lot of groupies (please send more) but when I was at the blind pig there was a girl that looked like brittany spears (a mix between nervous break down and non- nervous breakdown brit) accompanied by a homosexual that looked like Corky from Life Goes On that followed us back to the hotel and got naked in the middle of the hotel pool. It was awkward and a couple guys from tour were trying to talk to the girl not knowing the dude was naked...Which ended in hilarity...

L and F: What's the best advice (please choose one and explain)

a) Never trust a big butt and a smile
b) You lay down with dogs, you're gonna get fleas
c) You can't turn a ho into a housewife
d) Wipe front to back, don't bring the shit to the clit

Cas: I think all of them are good advice, because from the looks of it they are all in reference to some transaction of an STD and I would like to stay away from each. It is also in reffrence to all women are evil which also may be true.

L and F: Tell us about all your collaborative efforts and upcoming musical ventures?

Cas: I've worked with Brother Ali on my first l.p called Liberation on a track called Flashbacks. I wanted to do something more aggressive and he wanted to do a more laid back song with me so that was the product. On my upcoming album The Monster and The Wishing Well, Im working with P.O.S. on a song that's in the works right now. I'm pretty excited about it. Also with fellow label mate, Intuition, whom I think could be the best writer in hip hop. I've toured with some heavy hitters as well.

L and F: How can we hold it down Indiana-style?

Cas: Theres really no style here. It's a big melting pot of leftovers from other cities that happen a little to late. When we get hipsters here in a couple of years I'm moving to Nashville.

L and F: What's the most corny shit someone can say to you after a show?

Cas: I really like talking to people after shows...but I REALLY hate to be asked to join a cypher. Thats pretty corny...and there always is one.

PS...Check out Cas One and DJ Figure and their project "Bads New For People Who Love Hip Hop"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cas One is the homie. I'm glad you guys know about him.

Anonymous said...

good article my man...now would you like to cypher...jk