Sunday, September 23, 2007

Dear Lady Chavez,

Ok, somebody tried to stump me this week and instead of sending this one straight to the recycle bin, I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Dear Lady Chavez,

When African Bushman hunt big game with poison blow-darts - why aren't they poisoned when they eat their kill?

Sleepless in Serengeti

Dear Sleepless,

I am embarrassed to say that I did not know a lot about this subject. You all know I am the authority on everything that is a need to know and unfortunately all I knew about poisoned darts, I learned from Ace Ventura 2. Well, this week I took it upon myself to do some research and this is what I discovered:

These African men are actually briefly poisoned and it shuts down some of their vital organs temporarily. When the toxic substance trickles down to the man bush, his dodger dog fights it off like a girthy, pulsating light saber ridding the body of any foreign substance. I was going to cite my references here but I already returned that reputable stack of library books I plagiarized.

Love, Lady Chavez

No comments: