Friday, February 29, 2008

Craft of the Week: Junk Prints



Oriental Spy tipped me off to this Etsy site of glory. JUNKPRINTS a little romance novel, a little racially ironic, and a little blasphemous with some hot vintage on the side.

And check out the gallery opening in Brooklyn if you are not geographically challenged.

"GALLERY OPENING: Get yer wine and cheese on w/ me at TemporaryGallery's INSINUATION opening MAR. 6th 6p-9p102 Allen st. btwn Broom & Delancey in the Lower East Side"

Here's the creators bio 'cause we love it:

"LET'S TALK ABOUT ME:My name is Chanel...it's my real name. My mommy is a huge fan of Coco Chanel...the little black dress etc.I'm a graphic designer/photo-illustrator...been doing that stuff professionally for about 4 years. Check out junkprints.com for more info and my portfolio.When I'm not glued to the computer monitor, drawing, clicking the shutter or pulling my hair out. You can catch me riding around BK on my vintage bike, eating plantain, tearing up suburban thrift stores, bitching about art and music or looking at rental units (I love looking at rental units...I have no intention to move...just like to look :)I found this sewing machine in the trash, had my special man friend bike it home for me and started sewing my booty off. Then I found Etsy to help sell the the fruits of my labor. Enjoy"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh girl you KNOW she was at the holiday BUST Craftacular!! she's so going to be at the Spring one...you gotta get up here...